Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dilemma

The BIG question for me right now is whether or not I should go to the salon and let someone cut the rest of my relaxed/texlaxed ends off.  My aunt says I should let it grow some more.  I keep thinking I better get it cut now while it is short and wear it at its shortest now instead of waiting until it grows, seeing the length and then having to cut the length off.  That would play with my mind! LOL! 

Besides, I want to use my Eco styler and do a wash and go.  Humph!

So my mom told me about this natural hair stylist she went to to cut her sister locks.  Yes my mom, my aunt, my grandmother and now my grandfather have locks.  They have sisterlocks and he has brotherlocks!  I was going to let my cousin who is a barber cut it, but when he suggested one of the ladies in his shop, I was like I might as well go to the lady my mom suggested.  My mom said they deal mostly with natural hair, so I think I would feel more comfortable.  I am sure though that any beautician can do the cut.  I'm just feeling particular.  What I noticed is that my hair is a bunch of different lengths because I was just cutting.  I want to get this cut over with so that it can grow on out.

Btw, this morning I did a co-wash with a V05 clarifying conditioner.  I saturated my hair with the conditioner, detangled, and rinsed it.  While detangling I came across a knot that pulled some hair out, but the hair was straight.  I knew for sure then that I need to get a cut and get these ends off before they are consumed by my coils. 

Then I did an apple cider vinegar rinse.  I added a nice amount, but not too much, of the Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in and really worked it in good. After words I sprayed a mix of glycerin, almond oil, hot six oil, vitamine E oil, eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil, and some tea tree oil, and water all throughout my hair and I was done.  I love this glycerin mix.  I used it alot before the big chop and hadn't taken the time to mix anymore until this morning.  The glycerin is great at moisturizing kinky, coily hair, and the oils do their part to seal, add shine, and heal my scalp from itching.  I figured it will take more than just one rinse of the apple cider vinegar to help my itchy scalp.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment