Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Back in the day, When I was young I'm not a kid anymore. But some days I sit and wish I were a kid again!

Does anyone remember that song! 

Do y'all remember when u were young, and it may not have happened to a lot of you, but it came a time that if u didn't wear any deordorant you would be really musty?

 Well I sweated a lot and this was the case for me. My grandmother had to find me a strong deodorant. Well as I got older either I grew out of it, or the toxins were somehow removed out of my body (which is what I believe was the culprit). I didn't know anything about herbal and natural remedies or products with little to no chemicals, but I have began a quest to do more things naturally. If anyone in my family gets sick we eat garlic. We take vitamins. I use baking soda to clean my tub. I use tea tree oil for numerous things.

So to make a long story short, my oldest son is experiencing this same must phenomenon. I didn't want to use any harsh deos. so I looked for alternatives. One I found, easiest to use too, was baking soda! It really worked! Of course I tried it first. It worked on me and, our son for a little while. Then I told my husband about it and he got on board.

Well after awhile, it didn't work on my son any more. So now his routine is tea tree oil first (to kill the bacteria which causes the odor), followed by a mild deo I got from the herbal store followed by powder. This seems to do a good job so far but what I have yet to try is an elimination diet. Check out this website for more details about how body odors are caused. 
http://www.hyperhidrosisweb.com/causes-of-body-odor.html

Needless to say my husband and I still use the baking soda, but one day when he lifted his arm up I noticed the hair was a different color. It was lighter! This was in the winter time and I had a little hair under my arms (I like to wax y'all, shaving makes me hyperpigmentate under my arms) which had also changed colors.

So to my cinnamon conditioner of course I added some ............baking soda! After rinsing this morning I do believe I see a little more change than I would have if I only used cinnamon. But I wanted the drastic change of the underarm hair! Sounds a little odd huh! Smirk!

So I thought, how do we wear the baking soda underarm. Well last night I wet my hair and mixed baking soda, cinnamon, and Suave conditioner, applied all over my hair and rubbed it in a little.  I put a bag on my head and left it on over night. Now I will say that the cinnamon does tingle, kind of burn, but I just considered it as scalp stimulation. This morning I rinsed it out with water and did a apple cidar vinegar final rinse which by the way does help to detangle your hair. In my research it says u should shampoo after this treatment, which I highly recommend, because my scalp is still tingling. But I will shampoo wash after my run today.

Next time I will apply the baking soda dry, I don't know how that will work or how I will get it to stick. But that is for another post. The other thing I am concentrating on this memorial day weekend is preparing my hair for braids. So tonight I will do a protein treatment followed by a deep conditioner to strenthen my hair for braids.

No comments:

Post a Comment