Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Product Review-Cantu and Silk Elements

So I have been using Cantu Shea Butter leave-in and Mixed Silk by Silk Elements leave-in products interchangeably as leave-ins after I co-wash.  For my co-wash I had some Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship conditioner and I had some Suave coconut, but these are all gone.  Remember I have my daughter's hair and my own. 

OFF the SUBJECT:  So I went to the local grocery and stocked up on some VO5 conditioners for $.67 cents a bottle!  I LOVE DEALS!  I got like 10 bottles of conditioner and 1 bottle of clarifying shampoo.  VICTORY is MINE!

Anywho, I was using the leaveins to saturate my hair after co-washing.  I thought it would help with the moisture and define my curls.  It did do those things, but when I saturated my hair from root to end with either of them, there would be flaking later.  I would be at work and look in the mirror and see crumbs!  LOL!  I did not like that.

As far as the Cantu is concerned, alone it makes your hair look a little dry.  Next time I use this conditioner as a leave-in I will use it with a more watery leave-in (which I used to do before I big chopped) and not saturate my hair with it.  I also must use an oil to seal after using Cantu.  As a daily conditioner I use it to make the still straight ends of my hair curl more, but when it dries it looks dry.  So I still need to add oil after using this product.  Most of the reviews I have read for this product were unfavorable, but I liked it because it was reasonably priced.  I have two huge containers of this leave-in that I will use up, but I will not buy any more any time soon.  I want to see if there is something better out there.  Try something else.

I like the consistency of the Mixed Silk by Silk Elements.  I also like the way it glides onto my hair.  I can use this as a leave-in or daily moisturizer (as long as I don't use too much) and from what I noticed with or without an oil, my hair has a sheen to it.  This is one I will definetely use, especially if it is on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment