Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Silk/Satin Braidout


Okay, so I picked this technique up on ZanandRob.  The waves(as I like to call them) come out nice and defined.  The braidout is better than a regular braidout where you just braid your hair, but it doesn't last as long especially with the mixture used (conditioner, water, oil).  So I plan to tweek this style because I like my hair a little more voluminous! (smirk).  So here is what it looks like with the braids:


So this is the braidout from the picture above. 
The pictures below are from a different braidout.  The difference is in the braid.  In the above braidout I did my braids as ponytails, where as for this one I did cornrows.  Yes you can do cornrows with the material.  This is the front of the braid out.  Which is also my profile pic.  I enjoyed the slight volume which can be attributed to my thick new growth and texlaxed texture.  Can't wait to see what it looks like on fully texlaxed hair!

This is the side, you can see the definition and eveness of the wave pattern.
And this it what the back looked like after.  Oh it was pretty!  My hair is cut in a inverted Bob as you can clearly see in this picture.  I am having a time dealing with the shorter part that was cut really low and is now growing back, so I just decided to braid that part up in little cornrows.  You can't see them really well in this pic, but as you can tell it blended in and made my cut look even more defined.

No comments:

Post a Comment