Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

Actual Intentions

Hi readers!  I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!  I actually had a good time, good eats, and good company. 

So Monday night I co-washed my hair with a mixture of 2 moisturixing conditioners.  I also added olive oil to the mix.  I wanted to do an apple cider rinse but it was downstairs in the kitchen and I didn't want to go and get it.  Afterwards I used a water based leave-in conditioner full strength instead of diluting with water.  The only reason I dilute with water is because the stuff is expensive and I use quite a bit but it works better at full strength especially since I am not using a creamy leave in afterwards.

In addition to the water based leave in I used a mixture of glycerin, olive oil, tea tree oil, and water to saturate my new growth and texlaxed texture.  The glycerin to me is the absolute best thing I could use on my hair and my daughters hair to moisturize my new growth and texlaxed hair and her natural hair.  It makes it soft and manageable.  I used to use CareFree curl glycerin activator but at 4 dollars a bottle, my own mixture works just as effectively.  Afterwards I detangled section by section with my wide tooth comb.  My hair is cut an uneven bob, where the front is longer, so the back was a breeze to detangle which also makes it a nightmare to style. 

When I was done detangling my hair, I added a side part and smoothed some Aloe Vera gel all around the part, then on top of that I sprayed my glycerin mixture.  The Aloe Vera was for the fly aways and the glycerin mix was so that the aloe wouldn't flake.  Last but not least I tied a scarf around and went to sleep.

I call this the washandnotdrydonothinggotowork look.
I intended to be able to have a style the next day, but my hair takes forever to dry!  Sometimes even the next morning it isn't fully dry, so I have to go to work looking not my best sometimes.  On those days I may put on extra makeup or dress really cute to avert attention away from my hair, shrug, chuckle! 

When I got home last night I put some moisturizer on my hair followed by olive oil then dampened with a conditioner water mix, used a flexi-rod to roll it up, and went to bed just like that.  I did put a silk scarf on top of my pillow to sleep on and let my hair completely air dry because for me the scarf traps in moisture and it still would not be dry in the morning.  My hair needs to dry from sun up to sun up.  But from now on I will use heat to do a set like that.  By the way, I haven't used heat since my relaxer in March.

We jogged this morning in prep for the 5k portion of the 1/2 marathon run.  I thought, oh it wont be too wet and maybe it will dry before I get to work.  Not!  While there was some bump there was not much curl. It wasn't too bad.  So I went with it. shrug. 



I almost forgot.  My nape (which is now growing out) is still a little to short so I just braided that up in little cornrows.  Tonight I will repeat the last few steps with out the conditioner mix. 



Since my training will go throughout the summer, it would behoove me to do braids.  I am going to try kinky twists.  Look out for that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment