Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Strength before the Braid

After the cinnamon and baking soda hair coloring my scalp was itching because I should have shampooed afterwards, and my hair was dry. I learned not to turn my hair coloring sessions into a moisturizing session especially because baking soda will dry your hair out. From now on hair coloring will be done on poo days. (Poo=Shampoo). So to resolve the dryness and in part prepare my hair for braids. I did a deep conditioning pre-poo treatment by mixing an egg, some olive oil and some tea tree oil in a bowl and applying it my hair and my daughters hair. 
         After letting the egg condition sit, I did a moisturizing shampoo using a combination of Biolage Strengthening Shampoo and Earthly Elements Moisturizing Shampoo. I lathered one time and rinsed. Only need one lather because shampoo dries the hair out and u don't want to strip all the natural oils from your hair.  Then I mixed Renpur Organics Amazing Miracle Deep Penetrating Reconstructor with APhogee Keratin 2 minute Reconstructor.  I let that sit for the alotted time and added my deep conditioner.  The deep conditioner of choice this time was one I picked up from Sally's, it was on sale and included a free leave-in.  You can never have too much leave-in conditioner.  Besides, I haven't found "The ONE"  So it was Mixed Silk Elements, by Silk Elements. 
       I know it sounds like a lot, but it doesn't take that long and is so worth it for healthy hair.  Besides, I don't do this every rip, just maybe once a month.  Everything I did to my hair I did to my daughters hair, but I won't do a treatment like this on her hair for a while.  I will probably just make sure I moisturize and co-wash her hair for awhile.  I let the deep condition sit while I did some things around the house, I would say 2 hours, and then rinsed.  I added leave-ins, which are uber important for detangle-ability.  So.........Yes, I mixed......I mixed the Silk Elements leave-in called Natural Curls for natural Girls with some Cantu Shea butter leave-in, olive oil, tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, and peppermint oil.
      Our hair felt and looked great.  I let it air dry and began the braiding!




All products featured and spoken about on Back2Front4Me are purchased by Back2Front4Me.  B2F4M is not paid to promote these products and will sometimes give her  opinion about how some products work on her hair. If products are given to B2F4M for reviews it will be stated on the post.
What works well for her may not work for others, so use at your own discretion.

2 comments:

  1. great routine! It does sound like a lot, but I know first hand that it doesn't feel like it and will be worth it in the long run.
    (how many times can I say "it" in a sentence..lol)

    ReplyDelete