Search This Blog

Friday, July 1, 2011

Pics of the Twists

I must say that the kinky twists came out pretty well!  I remember sitting between my step-mothers legs letting her braid my hair and soaking them in hot water to get a curl. (Which I plan to do tonight).  She taught me how to braid a long time ago.  A skill that was much needed, especially when I began to take care of my own hair.

So, it took me a long time because I would have to wait until I got home and after I dealt with kids and hubby.  So when we went on our trip to New Jersey, I was brainding my hair while my husband was driving.  He drove the whole 18hours!  A notable deed  and contribution if I do say so myself. 


Okay I must note that when I started I was frustrated because it took me a minute to make it work.  Then it just happened!  I used this Nexxus foaming stuff at first (I'll post the name later) and some aloe vera gel because I didn't have the Eco-styler gel that so many of my you-tube sisters speak of.  My hair kept sticking out and I was about to give up.  I studied some more you-tubers and discovered that when it got to the ends of my hair I needed to pay more attention to how I was twisting and to get the hair twisted up.  It got to the point where I stopped using the gel altogether.  Oh I did wind up buying the Eco-styler  morrocan oil gel.  They had so many differnt kinds it was hard for me to chose! All in all they turned out pretty good for my first time.  Here are the pics.
I like this pic, I look cute.  I was on my way to work!

Braids for me are a little annoying though.  I am ready to take them out already and it has barely been 3 weeks.  But since I am training for a 1/2 marathon, it is the best thing for me so I will be keeping them in until then.  Check out my other blog,  http://halfmarathon4life.blogspot.com/.  Of course I will take them out in between and put them back.  I am also considering a sew in, but not sure yet.  One mistake I have made is not washing my hair yet.  I need to take the cues from Ms.D at 6-foot-Long-Hair.  Thanks for posting a comment Ms.D.  It really made my day, you are truly a healthy haircare inspiration!  I will post another pic of the twists all curled up!

2 comments:

  1. Love the twists! You look beautiful!
    Braiding during the ride? Now that's a really smart/efficient idea!
    It's okay that you didn't wash your hair yet. Some people can go as long as 3-4 weeks with-out washing in a protective style, you just need to make sure your scalp is clean and your hair is moisturized!

    * Thank you so much for the compliment, now you just made my day! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ther's a natural hair show in Atlanta Ga. in sept.2011, you should go there everybody will be there.

    ReplyDelete