Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Texlaxed Texture

This picture is my texlaxed texture.  I don't think I ever shared my story about how I came to start my texlaxed hair journey.  Texlax is stilll getting a relaxer.  The only difference is you don't leave the relaxer in the full time and you don't work it through. 
There are several sites out there with ladies whose hair ir texlaxed completely like ZanandRob.com, Kibibihair.com, and another young lady on youtube who has videos.  Check them out. 

So now that you know what texlaxing is, my texlax began when I did a 15 week stretch.  Before I started my healthy hair journy, I was doing this.  So this part of the journey should not be hard for me.  The hard part will be sticking to my regimen.  Anyway I got a relaxer at the end of 15 weeks, my hair was styled so beautifully(I went to a salon).  Unfortunately it seems that whenever I get my hair done, it rains.  So the next day, my roots in the front were looking.....wavy.  Not just wavy but crinkly and my cousin in law was like "so you say you got a relaxer?"  I was so embarassed!  I thought about relaxing again, but didn't want to take the chance of overprocessing.  Needless to say, I came upon the term "texlaxed" and decided that was what  my hair was going to be. 

I got my hair chopped off last year at the beginning of Fall so it shouldn't take too long to grow my new texlaxed texture the same length as my fully relaxed texture.  The question is when the length begins to show, will I want to cut it off?  Will I want to deal with 3 different textures of hair- new growth-texlaxed-relaxed? Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment